Sunday, October 30, 2016

FST 495 Update #10

So we've finished our rough cut, and all that's left is to add credits and shoot more B-roll. Tonight, we are having a production meeting to discuss B-roll ideas, talk about Indiegogo, and work on our Marketing and Distribution Presentation. We've already complied a long list of film festivals to submit to, so it's a matter of narrowing it down. Another aspect I will address the crew about is what kinds of marketing materials we will need or want to use to promote our film. We are all very happy to see the whole thing come together and we can't wait for viewers to hear our subjects' stories. It's hard for me to grasp the fact that we are nearing the end of the semester and are so far along on this project. I remember when I had this idea over summer, and I've said it a million times but having this idea come to life has to be one of the best parts of my last year here at UNC Wilmington. I'm normally too scared to share any of my ideas but I took a chance on this one and I'm so glad I did. I'm so amazed to have the opportunity to create this film and to have people support it the way that they do. So many of my friends and family have been asking me about this project and are truly interested to see what this film will look like. I really want to reach people with this film and I want open minded viewers to walk away with a deepened understanding and a newfound tolerance for not only Wicca, but any religion that is different from their own. Tolerance is something so under-practiced in our society and I really want that to be an underlying theme within the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment